SQL Server Data Warehouse Developer
Location: Durham, North Carolina
Job Category: Other Area(s)
We’re looking for a driven, enthusiastic self-starter who has strong attention to detail and excels in building out data warehouse structures in a SQL Server environment. The right candidate will have a strong track record of building and supporting star schemas and cubes in SQL Server and building all of the processes that populate these structures with data from diverse source systems. Working closely with both the business and IT teams to design, build and support corporate data warehouses and processes that will be utilized in business reporting, analytics as wells as in support of Self-Service Web functionality and a large customer base.
- Install, Configuring, Patching and Upgrading SQL Server Database Servers
- Performance Tuning and Query Optimization using native SQL Server tools
- Monitor and support High Availability Database server including Availability Groups and Replication.
- Ability to troubleshoot performance issues impacting production databases.
- Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations
- Create functions and stored procedures to provide custom functionality as per the requirements.
- Ad-hoc query generation using T-SQL
- Develop reports using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Participate in development and creation of Data warehouses.
- Participate in discussions involving the application creation and understand the requirements and provide the back-end functionality for the applications
- ETL/SSIS Development
- SQL 2012/2016 Data Warehouse and downstream data models
- Third party/external data integration
- Azure SQL Databases and Data Warehouse development and integration
- Participate in design and development of data warehouse expansion including operational and warehouse management systems (WMS) data.
- Participation in design and development of tabular data models to support primary lines of business and data analysts
- Support and assist the BI developers with data provisioning and new tool discovery
- Work with eCommerce, CRM, ERP and Mobile developers to determine data sourcing and integration needs and solution design including data flows in a hybrid on premise/cloud environment
- All other duties as assigned
- 3-10 years of SQL Server Experience building and supporting Data Warehouse structures
- Experience building automated Extract Transform and Load (ETL) systems to process incoming data sources
- Experience building ETL processes to reconcile and standardize data and eliminate redundant data
- Build experience with Dimensional structures (OLAP, etc.) to support the delivery of data to reporting tools
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- All phases of the modeling process - research design, data extraction and cleaning, model building and validation.
- Develop and performance tune database solutions and integrate them into the . Net based web application
- Proficiency with writing stored procedures, triggers, and database jobs and the ability to provide database development assistance and code for software engineers
- Support end user reporting tools such as Microsoft Power Pivot, Power View, etc.
- SQL Server Integration Services experience (SSIS) to load and transform flat files, Exel, and Access from various sources into a database staging environment
- Experience building SSIS tasks to perform bulk inserts, execute packages, execut processes, FTPs, Send mails etc.
- Experience working with XML
- Strong SQL Coding experience including unions, correlated sub-queries etc. to extract and transform data.
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), OLAP cubes, Dimensions, Partitions, KPI’s and aggregation
- DBA experience including performance monitoring and tuning, daily process monitoring, and security administration, backups and recoveries.
- Microsoft BI Stack including Power Query, Power Pivot and Power View.
- Fast learner filled with curiosity
- S. Degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- S. Degree in Technology related field
- Experience with Insurance Applications
- Experience connecting MS Reporting to a Web applications in a self-service portal
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Experience working on a global team
- Microsoft C#.Net used to create SSIS modules using SSIS Script Component objects
- Experience backing up and recovering databases