The Director position is a critical role within the Data Management IT group reporting to the Senior Director of Commercial IT.
This team member will oversee the Data Operations and Technical Support teams in producing and managing deliverables related to our Data Management Service powered by the Data Environment Warehouse (IDE) and the Enterprise Integration Bus (DataFlux and Informatica). They will be responsible for the Data Team’s daily execution of inbound and outbound data processes, ensuring data integrity, quality and successful ongoing operations.
This team member will manage the Data Enhancement team to ensure accurate and timely implementations, with a focus on excellence across the full SDLC lifecycle. Responsibilities will vary per project and enhancement, but the role will require both managing the external consulting teams, internal technical resources, and alignment with internal business users. Ultimately, the ideal candidate will be able to help drive success across the Data Management Service.
- Coordinate and manage activities across the Development lifecycle such as requirements gathering, functional specifications and systems documentation, and ensuring successful delivery while working with internal and external stakeholders;
- Manage and coordinate Systems Integration Testing (SIT), User Acceptance Testing, and associated activities such as test plan, test cases and test execution as related to data management and data integration within the Data Environment (IDE);
- Oversee Operations by managing successful resolution of production issues, determining root cause, managing vendors and ensuring successful delivery/consumption of data;
- Support internal/external end users in the use of the overall IDE solution as it relates to the Data Service;
- Be the Champion of our Data Management capabilities;
- Lead and Coordinate Change Management initiatives;
- Oversee our Quarterly Sox Activities;
- Manage and coordinate issues and risks within the Data Service from identification through resolution;
- Develop strategic partnership with Ironwood business stakeholders to strategize, define, and ensure effective implementation of IT Data Management solutions; apply strong business justification, financial impact assessment and ROI analysis to these initiatives;
- Prioritize, oversee, and manage portfolio of Data Enhancements in support of overall business goals. Ensure delivery of Data projects within determined time and budgetary constraints;
- Enhance and Manage leading edge IT capabilities in Data Management, Data Integration, Data Transformation, Data Warehousing, ETL, Master Data Management, Real time web services, Big Data;
- Develop and lead a high-quality team of IT professionals; foster a culture of collaboration and support through coaching and mentoring; successfully translate business requirements into team deliverables, individual goals, and objectives.
- B.A./B.S. Degree;
- 8-12 years of data management experience, leading technical teams;
- Experience in biotech, pharma or life sciences a must;
- Proven ability to lead cross-functionally as well as build a high-performing team;
- Mature leader with demonstrated ability to contribute to and support transparent and accountable IT Leadership Team;
- Significant experience with ETL tools and specifically Informatica PowerCenter;
- Expert understanding and experience with Relational Database Management Systems and Integrations;
- Advanced proficiency in SQL;
- Demonstrated business savvy in effectively communicating and working with others across the Commercial and IT organizations in support of achieving business and technology goals;
- Demonstrated deployment of, and commitment to, employee development, talent management, and team effectiveness tools and processes.
- Working knowledge of Business intelligence tools and/or Web technologies is desired;
- Professional and hands on experience with BI Tools like MicroStrategy is a plus.
- Understanding of IT service and project model/structure and budgeting methodology preferred;
- Skilled in utilization of performance metrics and dashboard reporting;
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering strongly preferred.