Business Analyst - Digital Marketing
Location: Plainsboro, NJ
This Sr. BA role will be working with Digital Marketing projects. Ideal candidate will have 7+ years of Business Analyst experience with 4-5 years of this experience within Digital Marketing. Pharma experience is a + but not necessary; should be familiar with advertising; promotions, analytics (Google Analytics), app development, data cloud - Amazon AWS; Amazon Redshift; RDS, informatica;
Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide business process and technical solutions to meet user needs. Possesses expertise in the business unit(s) they support, as well as an understanding of the IT organization’s systems and capabilities. Provides business process and technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
This position reports to a manager in Project Execution. Works under only general direction. Independently determines and provides business need analysis and process analysis towards providing IT solutions. This position interacts with have frequent interaction internally, cross-organizationally, and with external contacts.
• Applies requirements elicitation, analytical, and communication skills to analyze information needs and functional requirements to deliver the following artifacts as needed - User/Functional requirements including use cases, business process models, and design requirements
• Collaborates with business leaders to identify and prioritize projects to ensure the delivery of on time and quality solutions
• Elicits requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, scenarios, tasks and workflow analysis.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required to clearly communicate with internal stakeholders at all levels as well as external stakeholders to ensure alignment on project requirements, schedules, feasibility, and resources
• Is familiar with the business partner’s products, services, finances, and strategies as well as influencing business forces such as customers, suppliers, competitors, regulators, and stockholders.
• Leverages in-depth knowledge of business functions, business processes and key objectives to develop solutions aligned with business needs.
• Proactively communicates with stakeholders to gain an understanding of their concerns, and ensures they are satisfied and that their business needs are met and challenges them on their assumptions on process and solutions to meet the business goals.
• Utilizes knowledge of the business and industry to make recommendations to future strategies, and participates in the decision-making processes.
• Builds trusting, collaborative relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders, which help accomplish key business objectives
• Clearly communicates to business leaders and stakeholders with fact-based rationale, understanding of business objectives, and based on company processes and principles to present ideas and guidance.
• Delivers messages and presentations in a clear, confident manner.
• Provides counsel to business leaders and stakeholders regarding IT policies, solutions and initiatives.
• Analyzes and determines whether new technology will add value to current business processes.
• Demonstrates an advanced understanding of all relevant IT areas and their applications.
• Utilizes advanced IT knowledge to diagnose and provide solutions to issues with applications and infrastructure.
• Leads in the development and delivery of key project goals, plans, timelines and deliverables using the Novo Nordisk IT project management methodology.
• Recommends the appropriate allocation of resources needed to complete projects
• Utilizes knowledge of system development lifecycle to assist with the completion and handover of projects.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field required. Relevant experience may be substituted when appropriate.
• A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in IT business or systems analysis or other related experience required.
• 4+ years’ Experience with Marketing Technologies, Digital Marketing systems
• Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization. Ability to provide solutions to difficult technical issues.
• Demonstrated ability to assist in leading a project in the development and implementation of processes and programs.
• Demonstrates leadership capabilities.
• Demonstrates strong project work and project planning experience and previous experience in a full development life cycle.
• Demonstrates superior written and oral communication skills.
• Experience in applying risk management practices required.
• Expert at Workshop design and facilitation.
• GXP experience preferred.
• Proficient at developing business process design (Process flows, Data Flow diagrams, etc.)