Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Responsible for managing the core network infrastructure within all of the facilities. This individual will ensure compliance with best practices in the area of network operations to include topology, architecture, security, deployment, upgrades/patching, interfaces to other Network devices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: the Authority’s Director of Technical Operations may designate various other activities. The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time for any reason, including reasonable accommodation.
- Serve as a support resource for the Juniper network router and associated key network equipment.
- Maintain and support Infoblox IPAM solutions.
- Maintain and support F5 Load Balancing solutions.
- Facilitates the delivery of network related services/support to clients and exhibitors.
- Prepares and maintains documentation and knowledge base of network configuration and cabling layouts.
- Collaborates with all network personnel in the development and maintenance of the department’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) manual describing the standard network related procedures.
- Evaluated current network related industry trends and ensures the ability to support appropriate new technologies in a show environment.
- Work with the Telecommunications manager to manage third party internet bandwidth providers.
- Work with the Associate Network and Network Engineers to deliver projects and services in keeping with the best practices for security, internal and external users and contracted services providers.
- Manage third party support relationships with designated network support vendors.
- Works with clients to facilitate unique needs driven by show/client requirements.
- Work with external security consultants to ensure adequate safeguards exist to protect the key network points of entry.
- Perform random and scheduled security audits and penetration studies.
- Maintains ongoing assessment of the Internet security environment and recommends solutions for safeguarding the internal and event networks.
- Assist in the evaluation, recommendation and selection of new software, hardware and technologies.
- Assist AV Systems manager in areas where Audio Visual systems converge with data systems.
- Assist Telecommunications Systems Manager in area where telecommunications systems converge with data systems.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Supervision is provided by the Director of Tech Opts & Network Supervisor and includes assignment of duties, inspection of work, training, coaching, and performance evaluations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: BS/BA and 5-7 years’ experience in a large enterprise IT networking environment. Experience in Cisco, Juniper, 5 and Infoblox preferred.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, evenings and holidays as well as 24x7 on-call supports. Self-starter and highly motivated individual.
- Proven ability to solve problems in non-standard and innovative ways.
- Strong client managements and planning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with and motivate associates at all levels.
- Ability to work independently, with strong organizational skills and flexibility in a team-oriented environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK SCHEDULE: The work schedule for this typically involves whatever hours it may take to complete the tasks. The hours and days may fluctuate based upon the needs of a particular event or project, which would require the ability to work a flexible schedule including late nights, early mornings, long days, weekends and holidays. Occasional travel to various facilitates may be required.
DRESS CODE: In order to project dignity and decorum expected by the public, appropriate dress and good grooming are expected of all employees