Senior Software .NET Developer
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Senior .NET Developer
Scope of position
We are seeking a senior software developer with at least 8 years’ experience in web application support and development with database design skills in a Microsoft .NET/SQL environment to join a support team and development projects in a fast-paced environment converting legacy applications and supporting existing ones. This candidate must have a strong development background developing and understanding solutions written in C# and strong debugging skills.
· 8-10 years’ experience developing and supporting large systems on the Microsoft stack.
· Experience with Entity Framework, LINQ and Lambda Expressions.
· Must be able to design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C# code.
· Experience in cloud-based development environments.
· Experience with contemporary REST/web services development.
· Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal with self-motivation.
· Must be able to identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
· Ability to work individually or within a team environment.
· Participate in requirement and design discussions with IT teams and/or business units, as needed.
· Translate customer needs and technology directions into application tasks.
· Ability to develop technology projects and solutions using Agile Scrum Framework; including prototyping, technical design, and specifications determined from business requirement documents.
· Ability to manage priorities in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent attention to details.
· Solid understanding of Object Oriented analysis and design.
· Ability to take direction, constructive criticism and work to specified deadlines, with the ability to execute development code with limited guidance.
· Implement programming changes to production systems following system life cycle and release strategy procedures.
· Familiarity with source control software: Team Foundation Server (TFS).
Skills/Abilities/Experience & Qualifications:
· Windows/Web Development: VB.NET 2010 and greater, ASP.NET 2010 and greater.
· Database: SQL 2014 Server and ability to work with older SQL Server versions.
· Strong proficiency in C#, with fair knowledge of the language specification.
· Strong Object Oriented design and development.
· Worked on projects with MVC 5 and above.
· Enterprise Development: .NET, XML, JSON, Web Services, WCF, Linq.
· Full stack developer (C#, VB.NET, Entity Framework/Entity Framework Core, ASP.NET, WEBAPI, Web Services, SQL Server).
· Work on Bootstrap is a plus.
· Experience with Agile Scrum is a plus.