Front-End Web Designer/Developer
Location: Malden, MA
We are looking for a Front-End Web Designer/Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. This developer works well as a member of a multi-disciplinary team communicating with Project Managers, Analysts, Back-End Developers, QA, and business users. Additionally the Front-End Designer/Developer maintains awareness and skill in emerging trends and technologies bringing new ideas and possibilities to the project team.
· Work alongside Java and .NET development teams to produce rich client experiences and visually appealing and intuitive interfaces
· Use a combination of markup languages to write web pages that integrate with backend Java and .Net code
· Assist in the selection, implementation, and design of templates for a CSS framework.
- Develop functional and appealing web- and mobile-based applications based on web accessibility standards and usability
· Build for cross-browser, cross-platform, and cross-device compatibility
· Build fully responsive websites/applications
- Create quality mockups and prototypes on tight timelines
- Develop and maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface
· Maintain a high awareness of industry trends and technologies with regards to front-end development.
· Promote usability best practices
· Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Required Skills and Qualifications:
· 4-6 years of front end development experience
· 3+ years of Experience with Front-end frameworks like Bootstrap or Foundation
· Basic understanding of back-end programming architecture and technologies
· 1+ year of experience designing and developing responsive and mobile friendly web applications
· Hands-on experience with graphic design (Illustrator, Photoshop)
· Experience building standards/guides to maintain consistency in brand and design
· Experience with developing accessible interfaces for people with disabilities
· Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
· Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for UI components