Location: Boston, Massachusetts
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Installs and supports Server hardware, operating systems, and management applications.
· Hardware support includes all rack mountable servers, UPS, blade servers, NAS Servers, SAN, and SAN fabric switches.
· Log issues in our tracking system and coordinate problem resolution with other working groups; and ensure that appropriate communication, hand-off, and follow-through occur.
· Primarily responsible for providing efficient and effective problem identification and resolution for end users, including answering questions, providing advice, troubleshooting, and assisting customers in solving technology related problems.
· Technical lead staff person for monitoring software.
· Has drive and passion for excellent customer service and continuous quality improvements.
· Adheres to all security standards and directives.
DETAIL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Looking for high level skillsets as a senior systems administrator familiar with: VMWARE, Windows servers, clustering, PCI compliance. AD Management and best practices.
· Administration of monitoring environment.
· Administration of patching environment.
· Administers all security certificate infrastructure in server environment.
· Administration of AD environment (users, groups, OU’s and best practices for security)
· Supports SAN installation, support, LUN configuration, and fabric switch configuration.
· Performs system updates, upgrades, and maintenance per server schedules.
· Ability to work with network group for switch port needs and resolve any connectivity issues with servers.
· Fields tier 3 Helpdesk calls and coordinates problem resolution.
· Supports other IT project leads and team members in the support, testing, and training of the user base..
· Project Management skills.
· Windows operating systems
· Server hardware troubleshooting, repair, and configuration
· Business Knowledge—The individual should have a working knowledge of all electronic devices. Ability to be resourceful and innovative to quickly and creatively adapt to the changing landscape in Information Technology.
· Executes and Results-Driven—Sets and conveys clear goals and monitors progress; is accessible and supports other team members; obtains results and adds value to the organization by making timely and sound decisions and influencing others.
· Attention to Detail—A concern for ensuring accuracy, clarity and quality of work reflecting an underlying drive to increase efficiency and track organizational measures.
· Collaboration and Teamwork—Creates commitment to common goals; identifies competing interests and finds ways to balance them; values contributions of all team members and other constituencies; values team accomplishments over individual accomplishments; leverages others' strengths and experiences to achieve team goals; co-operates with colleagues and shares resources.
· Client Relationship Management—Establishes and builds relationships with clients. Applies knowledge to the business and provides personalized, value-added service. Demonstrates willingness to meet the needs of clients by pursuing improved courses of action; delivers products and services that best serve client needs; uses client feedback as a basis for improving service and performs necessary follow-up work without being prompted.
· Flexible Hours—Flexibility in hours once on-call and support coverage schedules are worked out with the team. Applicant must be willing to work additional or non-standard hours to support delivery of time-critical project deadlines.
QUALIFICATIONS ACQUIRED ON THE JOB
· SAN Installation, Management, and Configuration—Storage Area Networking is complex and multi-faceted. It involves precise planning, implementation, and testing. Zoning LUNs, connected fiber, loading drivers on the servers, and managing disk space.
· Failover Clustering—Highly-available file servers using Microsoft clustering; creating new clusters and managing existing clusters.
· Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016—clustering, virtualization, and systems management. All new technologies learned by installation and testing.
· Server Virtualization—Manage and maintain virtual environment.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS
Working Knowledge of Windows 2003, 2008, 2012 Server Operating Systems
· Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience is preferred.
· Five years’ experience in customer service is required. Experience in a technical support role is preferred.
· Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies.
· Direct hands-on experience with ad hoc query programs, automated testing tools, and reporting software.
· Exceptional oral and written communication
· Good phone etiquette and the ability to diffuse agitated situations.
· Expertise in Microsoft Office products.
· Above average hardware troubleshooting skills
· Excellent customer service attitude
· Ability to collaborate with a variety of personalities and skillsets, and improve the quality of IT processes, services and products
· Excellent organizational abilities and customer service skills.
· Ability to operate effectively and professionally under pressure
· Self-motivated with a strong aptitude and desire to learn
· Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
· Desktop/laptop/network troubleshooting skills.
· Servers/network troubleshooting skills.
Successfully perform job duties in accordance with defined procedures and with limited supervision.