Senior Oracle DBA
Location: Quincy, Massachusetts
Senior Oracle DBA
- Our current environment consists of Oracle databases ( 11g and 12c ) operating on LINUX and AIX platforms.
- We are a 24 X 7 support group and the Database Administrator will have some on-call / off-hours duties
- Assignments include working with end users, applications development staff, system administrators, management, vendors, and staff from other organizations to ensure successful implementation and operation of our application systems.
- 5+ years ORACLE DBA and hands-on database architecture experience
- 3+ years of experience with Data Encryption solutions (Database, NAS/Server File System, Data Transmission etc.)
- In depth knowledge of Oracle security best practices
- Comprehensive understanding of Data Encryption methodology and solutions
- Security and compliance experience including Encryption, Audit, Authentication, PCI, GLBA, SOX, etc.
- Architectural and operational understanding of Database Middleware, Virtualization, and Firewall solutions
- Experience writing and reviewing technical design solutions
- Hands-on experience with configuring and supporting Oracle in high-availability: Data Guard, RAC and familiarity with supporting clusters.
- Must be experienced using OEM Grid Control, tools such as Toad, Spotlight, and Database monitoring solutions.
- Extensive experience with SQL scripting
- Must be fully experienced in supporting databases in multiple Operating Systems, especially AIX and Linux.
- Handled migration of databases to AWS
- Working knowledge on Oracle 12c.
- Full DBA skill set
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- High energy and ethical standards, along with the flexibility to work with a diverse group of people
- Ability to handle multiple (and sometimes conflicting) priorities effectively
- Ability to provide / deliver excellent written and oral communications
- Experience with Oracle Streams and/or database replication is a plus.
- Expertise of various security technologies from a diverse array of vendors including Oracle, Microsoft, Symantec, RSA, CA, etc.
- Working knowledge of IT compliance controls
- Understanding of operating system platforms and security models
- Strong integrity and highly ethical
- Experience with MS SQL Server is a plus, but not required
- Certified Oracle DBA preferred
Assignments include working with end users, applications development staff, system administrators, management, vendors, and staff from other organizations to ensure successful implementation and operation of our application systems.
Comply with standards, policies, and procedures for database design, implementation, maintenance and documentation.
Install, implement and maintain relational databases, including doing RDBMS software upgrades as required.
•Performance monitoring and tuning, capacity planning, problem diagnosis/ analysis and correction, and participate in tests for all phases of the application life cycle from proof of concept and initial development through production implementation and operations.
•Comply with data security best practices and implement Oracle advanced encryption methods as necessary.
•Provide strategic consulting and operations support for data security technology and process implementations.
•Provide database security architectural guidance to align security services and technologies to best meet the objectives of EOHHS.
•Monitor data growth and re-organize the table structures in separate tablespaces.
•Developing appropriate support structure – indexes, partitions
•Develop database code as required to run as AIX / Linux scripts, SQL, and PL/SQL