Location: Cambridge, MA
Job Category: Other Area(s)
We are a molecular information company focused on fundamentally changing the way patients with cancer are treated. Our products provide more than information. They offer hope to patients, their families and friends, their physicians and caregivers.
As a member of the Foundation Medicine team you’ll work with everyone fighting the disease—patients and their families, payers, physicians, drug developers—to raise awareness about this transformation in cancer care and Foundation Medicine’s role to ensure we’re delivering the tools and information they need to make an impact and drive access for patients everywhere. What makes Foundation Medicine so special?
The cancer treatment paradigm is evolving rapidly and we believe there is now widespread recognition that cancer is a disease of the genome, rather than a disease defined solely by its specific anatomical location in the body. Today, physicians increasingly use precision medicines to target cancers based on the specific genomic alterations driving their growth, but most currently available molecular diagnostic tests only reveal a few of the possible alterations. We provide truly comprehensive molecular information products that can assess the broadest range of relevant genomic alterations from a patient’s tumor and distill this complex molecular information into a concise and actionable format that reveals more treatment options for physicians and their patients.
We've seen the difference that our technology can make in the lives of patients, but there is still enormous potential to help even more people. In our drive to help transform the way in which patients with cancer are treated, we strive to improve every life we touch through our dedication to innovation, our commitment to people, and our passion for performance.
Foundation Medicine is dedicated to helping bring personalized cancer medicine into routine clinical practice. Harnessing advanced technology, Foundation Medicine has developed clinical laboratory tests that broadly captures the most relevant tumor genomic and other molecular information and connects it with relevant scientific and medical knowledge to help oncologists determine the right treatment for each patient. This is a diverse, fast-paced, team oriented environment integrating laboratory science, cancer genetics and genomics, process data metrics and clinical data.
Our CRM team is seeking a Technical BA for a six month contract. The Technical Business Analyst will be responsible for gathering and writing requirements and acceptance criteria in the form of Epics and Stories in support of one or more Scrum teams responsible for business process automation and relationship management software.
- Work closely with Business Stakeholders, Product Owner, Assistant POs and Tech Leads to understand product and business goals, requirements, and strategies, and ensure solutions are aligned with those goals.
- Provide technical guidance and support for new features and changes to the CRM platform; define and document technical requirements.
- Understand the CRM platform and configurations and the ability to make recommendations
- Write clear and detailed user stories and acceptance criteria based on feedback and project goals.
- Ability to build and maintain a backlog of user stories that are "READY" to be pulled by the Scrum Teams.
- Represent the "Voice of the Customer"; assist and participate in Development activities including daily standups, grooming, retrospectives and other scrum ceremonies.
- Answer technical questions from developers, scrum masters or others on the team to remove blockers and facilitate efficient development.
Preferred Experience and Abilities:
- Strong experiences in requirements gathering, process design and the ability to draw out requirements to uncover needs that may not be directly articulated by users
- Ability to communicate technically complex IT concepts to business stakeholders
- Strong experience helping define requirements for technical solution designs
- Experience with business process automation and system to system integration
- Strong experience with Web services, XML and XSDs
- Experience working with Microsoft's Dynamics CRM is preferred
- Experience with Cloud technologies
- Experience with UML diagramming
- Professional experience in Agile software development in a technically oriented business environment.
- Ability to identify and deliver highest value in an iterative and incremental fashion
- Ability to collaborate within cross functional teams and build strong relationships across many functional areas within the organization.
- Experience with Jira and Confluence preferred.