Open Text Project Manager
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
The Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of a project migrating ECM/EIM legacy platform to OpenText. The PMis expected to take projects from original concept through final implementation. Defines project scope and objectives. Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports. Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables. Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team. Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems. Incumbent might also be company's expert on specific technologies.
This project involves migrating 180+ million documents from OnBase and Process 360 to OpenText. Existing and new workflow design in OpenText will be part of the build out as well. Responsibilities include initiation, planning, execution, monitor/control, and close-out of programs, customer interface, customer review meetings, proposal development, and subcontract management.
Ability to manage multiple swim lanes across IT and Business to align the delivery of a complex IT systems with business processes and federal compliance requirements.
The PM will be part of a PMO team responsible for all aspects of IT project governance, assessment, management and control. The ability to gather and define requirements; build a project plan; identifying resource needs; and transparent, clear communications across all levels of stakeholders.
The PM will need to be sure the project stays on track with the timeline, deliverables and within the defined budget.
Position Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Provide end-to-end project management for complex IT projects and/or programs which include requirements gathering, analysis, design, planning, development, implementation and testing of technology solutions to ensure project requirements have been met and to ensure conformance to federal required or agency development standards and methodology.
• Work with business sponsors and partners in designing, defining, planning and implementing technology solutions to meet business needs and specifications.
• Ensure organizational needs for the development and implementation of technology solutions are documented, and apply experiences with existing software development processes to develop better processes for future use.
• Track project progress, monitor and modify project schedules and provide status updates to project team. Escalate issues to management and/or appropriate leadership as appropriate.
• Serve as main vendor contact and manages overall company customer interface relationships for defined scope of work to drive responsiveness
• Maintain awareness of existing or potential escalation issues, and provide command/control and timely updates
• Proactively follow the escalation and change control process
• Other duties or tasks as assigned by management.