Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
The Training Specialist supports the mission by ensuring flawless support of training events and materials. S/he works closely with staff, faculty, and staff to understand and deliver on training needs, ensuring that accurate and effective training documentation is prepared and communicated. The Specialist provides training on instructional technologies and tools used. Working closely with subject matter experts, s/he is responsible for identifying training and knowledge management needs, evaluating solutions and creating training materials. S/he creates and monitors guidelines and processes to ensure consistent and high-quality release, transition, support, and close-out of projects. Essential Responsibilities
• Designs, develops, maintains and delivers innovative learning solutions.
• Presents complex information to a variety of audiences and in a variety of media.
• Conducts instructor led training in a live classroom environment.
• Develops eLearning courses using Storyline2 and Camtasia.
• Creates high-quality user (faculty, student, and administrator) documentation.
• Assumes additional responsibilities within the team as required.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business or related area.
• Recognized team leadership and group facilitation skills in complex situations.
• Comprehensive understanding of the concepts and processes that create great relationships and can demonstrate leadership skills in providing outstanding customer service in complex situations. • Demonstrated success working with business unit partners to understand and support their academic technology classroom needs.
• Demonstrates the following interpersonal attributes: Adaptable, flexible; uses grace and tact under pressure; unflappable when confronting challenges; resilient; positive outlook and "can-do" attitude; respectful & approachable style.
• Expertise with a commonly used technology platforms and software (e.g., PC/Mac, iPad, common browsers).
• Excellent written and oral business communication skills.
• Comfortable preparing and delivering presentations and training sessions.
• Ability to drive the instructional design process while managing a positive relationship with the subject matter expert. Additional Skills and Abilities Desired
• Experience working with faculty in a higher-education academic environment. • Experience in classroom support
• Experience using Storyline and Camtasia a plus • Experience in customer-facing role
• Experience conducting project retrospectives