BI Developer - Tableau
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Duties & Responsibilities: Working under the direction of the Principal Data Architect, this position will participate in collecting requirements, then designing, and building Business Intelligence Dashboards and Reports at using Tableau. Work with the various operational areas at the School to understand their reporting and analytics needs. Collaborate with them to iterate to solutions.
Collaborate with the Data Architect, the Data Modeler, Database Developers, and another Business Intelligence Developer to build highly accurate, visually compelling, and easy to navigate reporting and analytics solutions.
Must have a solid understanding of Ralph Kimball Data Warehouse design from a BI Developer’s perspective. Work together with another BI Developer and the Data Architect to create a center of excellence and best practice for Tableau developers outside of the Data Architecture group and outside of IT. Support these other developers by creating Tableau Data Sources for them.
Basic Qualifications : 1. Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
2. 2 years of Business Analyst experience. Proven ability to work well with non-technical people. Comfortable working with all levels - from line managers to C-Level.
3. 5 years of SQL Development experience – SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, etc…
4. 2 years of Tableau development experience
5. SQL performance tuning expertise 6. Able to collaborate well with peers and stakeholders in a team environment.
2. Tableau administration skills.
3. Database analysis skills.
4. Higher Ed experience.