Enterprise Cloud Architect
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
The Enterprise Cloud Architect (ECA) is expected to have strong general expertise in information technology architecture including but not limited to server, storage, database, virtualization, network, middleware, security, authentication/authorization, and disaster recovery. The ECA should also have a solid understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS) including the ability to architect and implement environments within AWS frameworks.
This ECA will collaborate with all teams and its customers to design and implement cohesive architecture with a cloud first approach that meets the business needs and its customers.
Tasks and Deliverables:
- Provide technical architecture designs and implementations for information technology solutions hosted in AWS and on premises. This includes new solutions and environments, enhancements to existing, as well as complete re-architecture of existing solutions/environments.
- Collect and analyze business and technical requirements for the purpose of translating them into information technology solutions. Detail and document the logical and physical designs as per the methodologies, policies, standards, and patterns. Conduct design walk-throughs for review and sign-off.
- Be proficient in scripting. Preferably in Python and YAML or JSON.
- Lead or participate in defining the Technology Roadmap. Lead or assist in definition and management of standards, guidelines, and processes for infrastructure technology and software development.
- Collaborate with stake-holders to conduct and demonstrate proof-of-concepts for new products and architectures.
- Lead or participate in writing of RFx (request for proposal, quotation, etc…) and SOW (statement of work) for infrastructure solutions.
- Liaise and negotiate with vendors on quotes for SaaS solutions, infrastructure hardware, software, and professional services.
- Perform capacity planning analysis, define requirements, and engineer cost-effective best of breed technology solutions.
- Stay engaged with multiple projects providing architectural design and implementation oversight.
- Lead and assist in developing cloud strategies including governance, technology roadmap, architecture, and migrations plans.
- Architect and assist in implementing all foundational services needed to run production ready AWS environments. Extensive experience with AWS technologies such as CloudFormation, RDS, EC2 Systems Manager, ELB, Auto scaling, Lambda, CloudFront, CloudWatch, and CloudTrail.
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience in architecting and deploying production ready environments in AWS that communicate with environments that run in on premises data centers.
- Minimum of 8 years of infrastructure support experience in a mixed Windows/Linux and Microsoft SQL/Oracle environments highly preferred.
- Extensive experience with AWS technologies such as CloudFormation, RDS, EC2 Systems Manager, ELB, Auto scaling, Lambda, CloudFront, CloudWatch, and CloudTrail.
- Strong knowledge in Network routing and firewall management.
- Proficient in a scripting language. Preferably in Python and YAML or JSON.
- Must have strong presentation skills including the ability to present technical architecture designs to Executive Management as well as technical peers.