Senior Technical Writer
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Seeking a security focused Senior technical writer to review and update the security and privacy documentation.
The Senior Technical Writer revises or updates security and privacy documentation, including security plans, security reports, and privacy assessments. The Senior Technical Writer performs other tasks as assigned, such as updating diagrams, taking screen captures for insertion into documentation, and planning documentation update schedules to meet defined project milestones. The Senior Technical Writer should be comfortable working independently with guidance from a project manager and amongst a team.
• Demonstrated experience working in a technical writing position. (7+ years)
• Working knowledge of at least two of the following (2+ years):
o CMS MARS-E controls, security and privacy documentation
o CMS ARS controls, security and privacy documentation
o IRS Publication 1075 controls, security and privacy documentation
o FedRAMP controls, security and privacy documentation
o HIPAA compliance
• Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office suite (7+ years)
• Ability to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences (7+ years)
• Ability to read and interpret complex federal and state laws, rules, regulations and requirements including, (but not limited to), HIPAA, IRS Publication 1075, CMS MARS-E 2.0, FedRAMP (7+ years)
• Ability to effectively communicate technical and nontechnical concepts to a variety of audiences (7+ years)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Methodical approach to gathering, documenting, and presenting specific customer requirements
• Ability to follow and comply with existing processes and procedures, and propose updates
• Work with minimal supervision, set priorities, and give attention to detail and quality
• Demonstrate strong organizational and time-management skills: multitasking, working individually and with a team
• Self-motivated and reliable.
• Handle stress in a professional manner.
• Review and update the System Security Plan (SSP), System Security Plan (SSP) Workbook, IRS Safeguard Security Report (SSR), Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA), Information Security Risk Assessment (ISRA)
• Adhere to documentation plans and schedules
• Achieve and maintain relevant knowledge on organization’s mission and information system structure
• Maintain consistency in tone and style
• Manage updates and revisions to existing documentation
• Resolve reported documentation issues
• Identify new documentation needs or opportunities