Operational Data Analyst
Location: Plainsboro, NJ
Data Analyst, Big Data Analytics COE
• Perform exploratory data analysis in Excel or other visualization tool.
• Develop business rules needed to cleanse and prepare data for analysis.
• Implement procedures and processes to cleanse and prepare data for analysis.
• Develop and present basic data findings (patterns, issues, opportunities) to line of business analysts.
• Assist developers in loading data and running programs to prepare data.
If currently a student, minimum of 2 years of coursework towards a degree in Math, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science or Engineering. Some coursework in basic statistics and computer science required.
Proficiency in at least one programming language (esp. R, Python) required. SQL experience highly desirable, even if just in coursework. Experience with a visualization tool such as Tableau, QlikSense, PowerBI and/or Alteryx desirable.
Strong demonstrated interest in data analytics and willingness to learn new tools.
Strong written and oral communication skills. Comfortable presenting in front of small groups.
Strong skills in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint.
Must be able to work independently, and show creativity in how to explore and visualize data.
Organized and detail-oriented.
This is not a hardcore technical coding role; Must be experienced with Excel, Power BI, Tableau (data manipulation), some SQL experience
Must be data savvy
Manager would be okay with someone either working full time 40 hours a week, or even someone that needs part time (i.e. someone still in college)
Big Data Analyst experience is nice to have but not mandatory
Those just out of college with Math, Statistics, Engineer degrees (or anyone within STEM) would likely be a good fit for this role