Application Developer QA Engineer
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Senior Application Developer QA Automation Engineer
As a QA Automation Test Engineer you are expected to work on automating a suite of applications built on Web, Mainframe, Desktop and mobile platforms.
The automation engineer works under the guidance of the in-house automation architect and is responsible to develop, execute and debug test automation scripts. The automation engineer is also responsible for upgrading and maintaining the existing automation framework, developed using RFT/ Java or Selenium Web driver, SOAP UI, Maven, Junit. The Automation Engineer is expected to have strong programming and scripting skills in languages such as Java (preferably), Python etc.
· Review and analyze manual scenarios for automation feasibility and provide input for maximizing automation coverage of current regression suite
· Design, develop and maintain existing End-to-End automated test suite for Registry of Motor Vehicles and Mass Highway applications built on .Net or Java using RFT/Selenium
· Create and publish program level test automation dashboard on a periodic basis
· Comply with standard coding practices and follow plans, procedures and strategies for automation script development along with ensuring proper version control and configuration management
· Must have expertise in SQL and join queries to generate complex reports
· Must have expertise in API and web services to be able to consume and automate APIs exposed by the applications using SOAP UI
· Review and accept test scripts created and modified by the automation team for compliance with coding standards.
· Review project test strategies and test plans to make recommendations on automating functional testing of new requirements
· Write custom controls in required programming language to integrate with deployment tools, test environments and application components, such as firewalls, ACF2, web services, UI, databases, and xml.
· Provide continuous integration (CI) development support to implement and master the build test processes, environments, and scripts in order to ensure that the code drops to quality assurance are of the highest quality.
· Must have experience in cross browser testing using Browser stack or any similar tool
· Must have excellent knowledge/working experience on Non-functional testing tools like VSTS and Load runner
· Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of related education and work experience in development and technical QA practices
· Minimum 8 years of professional experience in software development, at least four years of that in a QA automation role
· Experience with IDEs (Integrated Development Environment such as Eclipse) and relational databases
· Active working knowledge of SQL and its syntax
· Hands on automation and framework test development leveraging IBM Rational Functional Tester/Selenium, Junit
· Experience with rapid, iterative development and test methodologies
· Experience establishing large code coverage test suites and incorporating them into effective nightly regressions supports
· Experience in developing and coding complex functional test automation framework components in multiple automation languages and platform