Location: South San Francisco, California
Product Manager, Consumables NGS
San Francisco, CA
4+ month contract
How will you make an impact?
- Manage worldwide supply, demand, revenue, margin and pricing for product portfolio.
- Update and present forecasts regularly to management, finance, and manufacturing teams.
- Analyze market trends, customer requirements and competitive strategy, and identify opportunities for increasing customer and business value through product differentiation.
- Lead new product development process from concept through commercialization, including voice of customer research, definition of customer and product requirements and value proposition.
- Manage product launches and sales training.
- Work collaboratively with other members of Ion Torrent team to drive growth for the business segment.
Nature and Scope
This position interacts with varying levels of internal and external personnel and will require direct customer communication, public presentation, and a team-focused approach. Strong business and customer focus are essential. Effectiveness in this role requires the ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing Thermo Fisher Scientific ’ product development and marketing plans, and a general knowledge of operating plans as well as industry practices for developing, promoting and selling similar products. The Product Manager must exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results, and is able to synthesize a decisive path forward based on all available information. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others and conduct presentations of technical information.
Domestic and international travel 20% of the time
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) business or life sciences. MBA or Ph.D. preferred.
- 3-5 years relevant experience, including experience in life sciences or pharmaceutical marketing, product management, market research, or strategy consulting. Experience developing and presenting product marketing materials required.
- Understanding of genomics, sequencing, molecular biology products minimally with Next Gen sequencing experience.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in marketing, product management or strategy role including participating in market analysis, planning and new product development required.
- Analytical, project management and planning skills necessary. Business development skills and cross-functional team leadership experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must have proven ability to build relationships and guide teams which include representatives from multiple functional areas, including R&D, Sales, Program Management, and Manufacturing.
- Must be able to manage project scope, budget and schedule to achieve timely completion of project deliverables.
- Must have experience in managing multiple stakeholders and resolving conflict within teams.
- Must have excellent communication skills including oral, written and presentation techniques.
This position does not offer relocation benefits