AWS Cloud Operations Engineer
Location: Portsmouth, NH
Job Category: IT Operations
Job Title: AWS Cloud Operations Engineer
Department: Cloud Operations
Reports To: Cloud Operations Manager
Loftware is the global market leader in Enterprise Labeling and Artwork Management solutions with more than 5,000 customers in over 100 countries. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive digital platform, with SaaS, cloud-based and on-premise solutions, Loftware redefines how enterprises create, manage and print complex labeling and packaging artwork and scale across their operations. Loftware solutions integrate with SAP®, Oracle® and other enterprise applications to produce mission-critical barcode labels, documents, RFID smart tags and packaging artwork. Our combined platform – whether for labeling, artwork management or both – enables customers to uniquely meet regulatory mandates, mitigate risk, reduce complexity, ensure traceability, improve time to market and optimize costs as they meet customer-specific, brand, regional and regulatory requirements with unprecedented speed and agility.
Loftware is expanding its worldwide Cloud Operations Team and we are looking for a technically motivated Cloud Operations Engineer with a strong Continuous Deployment (CI/CD), Linux and systems administration background to be based in our global offices or work remotely. The Cloud Operations Engineer will be hands-on and involved with building, maintaining and troubleshooting development, QA and production customer AWS environments for worldwide SaaS customers, mission-critical applications use. The Cloud Operations Engineer is someone that is a team player with the desire and passion for modern technology to take on large-scale responsibility.
The Cloud Operations Engineer will work with some of the latest technology stack available for building and maintaining reliable cloud infrastructure and services based on the Red Hat/AWS Linux 2 OS within AWS EC2 and services to deliver automated, highly available and scalable solutions that Loftware customers rely on.
You will have demonstrable experience with automating, provisioning, configuring, and deploying enterprise software on the Red Hat/AWS Linux 2 OS distributions running in virtual environments. Specifically, demonstrable experience working within deployment/configuration automation environments/DevOps toolsets, proactive monitoring, firewall administration, volume management, patch management, log file analysis and backups. Job responsibilities:
· Design, create and update automation scripts using Ansible, Terraform, Cloudformation and Jenkins with a focus on AWS operations.
· Perform installation, configuration, administration and maintenance of automated, high availability enterprise solutions that implement industry standards using AWS.
· Perform proactive system monitoring, technical efficiency tuning, up-time, notifications and automation tasks.
· Administration of Amazon RDS and databases natively deployed within AWS projects.
· Ownership in the diagnosis and issue resolution process, including the determination and provision of workaround solutions or escalation where necessary.
· Installation and troubleshooting infrastructure solutions using both AWS/Red Hat Linux and Windows operating systems.
· Perform operating system upgrades, apply patches and service packs as appropriate.
· Identify and raise technical risks.
· Produce/update documentation on system processes to meet compliancy/auditing regulations.
· Effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
· Comply with all IT and Information Security policies and procedures; help respond to audit requests.
· On call/Out of Hours emergency action in the event of environment failure.
· 7+ years experience in enterprise technical systems administration and implementation with similar duties.
· 3+ years experience in designing/implementing enterprise cloud/hosting deployments with similar duties.
· Excellent communication skills - written and oral and detail oriented.
· Demonstrable experience of designing/configuring deployment automation related activities, concepts and toolsets including using automation tools Jenkins, Terraform and Ansible.
· Demonstrable AWS, Linux (Red Hat) - operating system deployment/operational administration and security experience - Windows Server a plus.
· Excellent troubleshooting skills – particularly in an enterprise Java environment involving the deployment and runtime aspect of application servers (specifically Tomcat) and databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL Server)
· Experience/awareness of automated DevOps activities, concepts and toolsets.
· Good database skills including the use of SQL and associated database management tools.
· Good networking skills including subnetting, addressing and VPN.
· Ability to work in a fast paced, production environment, both in teams and in isolation with a minimum of supervision in 24x7x365 type team structures.