AWS Cloud Systems Administrator
Location: Portsmouth, NH
Job Category: IT Operations
Job Title: AWS Cloud Systems Administrator
Department: Cloud Operations
Reports To: Cloud Operations Manager
Loftware is the global market leader in Enterprise Labeling and Artwork Management solutions with more than 5,000 customers in over 100 countries. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive digital platform, with SaaS, cloud-based and on-premise solutions, Loftware redefines how enterprises create, manage and print complex labeling and packaging artwork and scale across their operations. Loftware solutions integrate with SAP®, Oracle® and other enterprise applications to produce mission-critical barcode labels, documents, RFID smart tags and packaging artwork. Our combined platform – whether for labeling, artwork management or both – enables customers to uniquely meet regulatory mandates, mitigate risk, reduce complexity, ensure traceability, improve time to market and optimize costs as they meet customer-specific, brand, regional and regulatory requirements with unprecedented speed and agility.
Loftware is expanding its worldwide Cloud Operations Team and we are looking for a hands-on, technically motivated Cloud Systems Administrator based in or near to our global offices to help run the company’s technical cloud operational infrastructure and services in AWS. This is a critical role in our growing operations team where you will work with some of the latest technology stack available for maintaining reliable cloud infrastructure and services based on the Red Hat/AWS Linux 2 and Windows operating systems within AWS EC2. You will be exposed to many of the AWS services to help maintain increasingly automated, highly available and scalable solutions that Loftware customers rely on.
The AWS Cloud Systems Administrator will have demonstrable experience with installing and maintaining enterprise software on the Red Hat/AWS Linux 2 distributions running within virtual environments and AWS. Specifically, demonstrable experience working with performing software installation/upgrades, proactive monitoring, firewall administration, volume management, OS patch management, network/server connectivity troubleshooting, log file analysis and backups. Job responsibilities:
· Maintain and provide full technical administrative support for Linux (AWS Linux/Red Hat based) - Windows operating systems a plus.
· Monitor servers for reliability, stability and taking both proactive and reactive measures to correct and prevent runtime issues.
· Provide Loftware Support and Engineering representatives with technical support and guidance.
· Assist implementation project teams in providing technical systems configuration and set up services.
· Install, configure, and maintain system services such as Tomcat, Oracle and PostgreSQL across hundreds of servers.
· Produce/update documentation on system processes to meet compliancy/auditing regulations.
· Maintain and support backup processes for all servers
· Provide out of hours, rotation-based support for production, customer-facing systems
· 3+ years experience in enterprise technical systems administration with similar duties.
· Experience with AWS services such as: EC2, S3, Route 53, Amazon RDS, Single Sign On (SSO), networking (including VPCs and ELBs), monitoring, logging and backups.
· Excellent Communications skills - written and verbal and detail oriented
· Advanced working experience of the Linux operating system.
· Excellent troubleshooting skills with networking and enterprise systems fault analysis.
· Working experience of bash, Python and other suitable shell scripting – PowerShell a plus
· Good networking skills including subnetting, CIDR addressing and VPN.
· Working experience of Windows Servers a plus – disk maintenance, general concepts/troubleshooting.
· Use of automation tools such as Ansible, Terraform and CloudFormation preferred
· Ability to work in a fast paced, production environment that is 24x7x365.
· Experience working within SOC2 Cloud environments/processes a plus.