AWS Cloud Operations Senior Manager
Location: portsmouth, New Hampshire
This role will be working with several different teams within the client including but not limited to Technical Engineering Services, Technical Support, Product Development and Management, Delivery and PMO. The Cloud Operations Manager will be a hands-on leader in our Global Cloud Operations team with direct responsibility over the client's AWS (cloud) Infrastructure, driving the delivery of world-class cloud solutions and AWS environments, and finding approaches that will enable rapid adoption of new cloud services while driving transformation for our business and IT processes.
- Responsible for the strategy, governance, operation, training and architecture of The Clients’s Cloud infrastructure
- Lead, develop and inspire, a 24x7 team of Cloud Operation Engineers, through action by creating a spirit of collaboration, providing the required technical/professional/interpersonal skills and the day-day supervision.
- Build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships/alignment with internal stakeholders and partners across the business.
- Coordinate with teams across the organization to address issues, manage incidents and communicate actions and trainings as needed
- Liaise with Product Management and Engineering to ensure that the client capitalizes on available synergies between the groups.
- Engage and collaborate with product development teams to improve production issues, facilitate post incident reviews and develop action plans to continuously improve quality and reliability.
- Present periodic updates to business stakeholders, leaders, executives and senior management. Provide operational oversight for the onboarding of customers and pre-provisioning support.
- Provide technical and process subject matter expertise for Sales and Services teams for questions that relate to the Cloud Service Offering.
- Make recommendations to customers about how new AWS offerings fit in their company architecture.
- Point of contact for escalation Management as necessary during all phases of customer support.
- Ultimate responsibility for Performance, Availability, Incident, Capacity, Budget, Configuration and Change Management processes and tools to support 24x7 availability across many regions. Define and deliver KPI’s and reports which help provide transparency and affect positive change for operational areas.
- Work with Support organizations during incidents and post-mortem reviews.
- Drive continual improvement through strategic and thoughtful solutions with an automation first attitude.
- Extensive experience supporting Cloud or PaaS / SaaS production environment
- Extensive experience designing and building high-availability, high volume systems in a cloud production environment with 24x7x365 100% Uptime in AWS.
- Experience with AWS Cloud Platform - Public Cloud Provider
- Deep experience with AWS architecture best practices and design principles
- Experience/awareness of automated DevOps activities, concepts and toolsets.
- Strong management skills, but also be able to dive into the details as needed
- Project and program management experience in delivering key business outcomes
- Strong record of driving projects to improve operations and support-related processes and the right technical support experience
- Experience with Cloud Services and Cloud Automation solutions
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization and customer handling skills including conflict resolution
- Exceptional people leadership and engagement skills and demonstrated ability to inspire and motive multidisciplinary and multi-location teams
- Ability to work in a fast paced, production environment, both in teams and in isolation with a minimum of supervision in 24x7x365 type team structures
- Excellent communication skills - written and oral and detail oriented.
Experience / Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Information Technology
- 8-10 years of direct software management experience in technical support or call center environments
- 4 - 6 years’ experience as an established technology leader, in a similar role, with ERP/Software companies
- 3+ years experience in designing/implementing enterprise cloud/hosting deployments with similar duties.
- Management of a worldwide, 24x7x365 operation
- SAP and/or Oracle experience is a plus
- Proficiency in Spanish or other languages is a plus
- Experience with managing flexible schedules - night/weekend/on-call in a 24x7x365 environment.