Technical Support Representative
Location: Portsmouth, NH
Job Title: Technical Support Representative
Department: Engineering Technical Support
Location: Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Reports To: Manager, Engineering Technical Support
The primary responsibility of a Technical Support Representative is to ensure that the client customers receive the highest level of technical support possible and assist in resolving complex incidents. The Technical Support Representative provides advanced solutions to customers’ issues in a timely, professional, customer-friendly manner via telephone, email, and other channels to ensure optimal response time and performance. Technical Support Representatives act as in-house advocates for client customers by providing a positive, unified and a technically invaluable voice of the client to the customers.
The Technical Support Representative is a critical part of the client's success. This position is highly visible. This individual must have the ability to resolve complex technical issues and work professionally in coordination with other departments (Professional Services, CAM, QA, Development, etc). The Technical Support Representative understands, documents and resolves technical issues, creates and reviews technical material, and coordinates escalations to other client teams when needed.
- Understand customers’ technical architecture and configuration implemented by the client.
- Troubleshoot complex solutions and in-depth configurations.
- Effectively manage case backlog; proactively inform customers and management of case status.
- Document complex configurations and issue resolutions.
- Develop action plans to address issues for the client's customer base.
- Proficient in handling customer issues within the department and coordinate outside of the department when needed.
- Review of client and related products in relation to customer-specific incidents.
- Author professional documentation including knowledge base articles, defect issues, and technical documents.
- Suggest and document new and existing release functionality.
- Provide client training and other services for customers when needed.
- Coordinate training criteria and program objectives to transfer knowledge to the internal client teams.
- Instill trustworthy relationships between clients, partners and Loftware.
- Assess client’s needs and creatively provide solutions that address those needs.
- Work in conjunction with all client teams to identify, educate and develop long-term relationships with clients and partners.
Education and Technical Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- At least 2-3 years in the enterprise management industries in a software environment
- Previous hands-on experience with Oracle and/or SQL Server, T-SQL, PL-SQL
- Knowledge of information security issues and tools
- Familiarity with application administration in one or more of the following environments (SAP, Oracle e-Business Suite, Seibel, J.D. Edwards, PeopleSoft)
- Strong knowledge of ERP, CRM, WMS or MES systems.
- Knowledge of system and network management issues and tools
- Working knowledge of: LDAPs, Operating Systems, Databases, Networks, Webservers, Application servers
- Knowledge of Web Services, Service Oriented Architecture, Web Based UI’s
Other Required Attributes and Competencies:
- Tenacious and entrepreneurial in nature
- Self-motivated can-do attitude
- Ability to learn through self-study
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to plan, formulate, document and execute a plan of action
- Meet or exceed personal work goals and objectives
- Participate in the achievement of Company goals and objectives