Network Analyst - Senior
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
A&F IT is an agency under the Executive Office for Administration & Finance which serves as the IT liaison for 22 A&F entities across the Commonwealth, including the Executive Office of the Governor. A&F IT oversees and provides all the IT application support for these agencies to ensure their IT operations are running effectively and efficiently.
A&F IT is hiring a seasoned consultant resource for a period of (6) months, with an option to renew. The individual will primarily focus its work at the Governor’s Office and if time permits, complete related tasks for other A&F IT-supported agencies. The Governor’s Office is a fast-paced, high pressure environment. Candidates must be professional, self-motivated, responsible, flexible and willing to work days, nights and weekends during peak work cycles.
This individual will:
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to information being processed, stored or accessed.
- Assist with the installation, configuration, troubleshooting and repair of VoIP and video conferencing solutions.
- Assist with the preparation and deployment of desktops/laptops/mobile devices for users.
- Identify, troubleshoot, evaluate and solve technical problems that end users are experiencing. Examples of issues include, but are not limited to:
- Desktop/laptop hardware (Win10 & Win7 primarily)
- Application support (Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, Virtual Private Networking, etc.) and performance troubleshooting
- Mobile computing
- Cabling infrastructure
- Network switching
- Telephones (desk phones, mobile phones, soft phones)
- Call Center technology
- Collaborative technology
- Video conferencing technology
- Document end user interactions, including details of inquiries, complaints, comments and actions taken during the troubleshooting/installation process via ServiceNow. ServiceNow is the Commonwealth’
- Document and maintain inventories.
- Document network, system and application data flow.
- Develop end user Job Aids to simplify the end user experience.
- Maintain ServiceNow ticket queue to meet SLAs and provide quick resolution to the end user community, including updating them when appropriate.
- Escalate to management any trending issues and/or incidents that might need to be escalated to a Major Incident.
- Ensure security protocols and accuracy as it pertains to all Commonwealth business processes.
- Provide high quality customer service in all facets of support and deliverables.
- Attend training when required.
- Adhere to all quality, organizational and Commonwealth policies and procedures.
- Perform all administrative duties as required.
- Assume additional duties and responsibilities as required by management in order to assist the completion of special and/or ongoing projects.
This individual must have:
- Proven working experience in the information technology sector.
- Superb communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent logical and critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail, ability to be versatile and multi-task effectively and efficiently.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint and other Office products.